Thursday, 6 October 2011

06/10/2011 Berkoff

We began as usual with a warm up, where we played the game 'Fuzzy Duck'. We then continued to rehearse the extract from 'Greek'. We went through what we had already done, then continued to work on the Cheesecake Clump section. One thing I improved on was avoiding masking my face during the Clump. The first ending for the Cheesecake sequence was everyone falling to the ground when a group member spoke the line: "Okay". I think that this was a mistake as several people around me had hurt them self in some way as they fell. In later attempts at the fall, a lot of people, myself included, fell slower and unrealistically to avoid hurting themselves and others. This was then changed to the members of the Cheesecake Clump scampering off into their positions for the next section. We were then sorted into three groups of eleven with each group having one Eddy, one Waitress, one Table and eight people to make a diner booth. I was part of the booth. However, we did not have the room to make this, so we made one large diner booth with the three Eddys, Waitresses and Tables in the middle. To help the Eddy's time their movements, we all whispered the word 'Cheesecake' after the Waitresses say the word. I think this worked really well as it made the Eddys' actions synchronise. There is a section after the dialogue where there is a Chinese Whisper of 'Coffee' round the dining booth. I think this worked well as it created an echoing effect that worked well atmospherically. I think both myself and the group progressed well in this lesson and can continue to do so in future lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment