Saturday, 24 September 2011
23/09/2011 Berkoff
We began with warm up games 'Banana Game' and 'Funky Chicken'. These helped prepare me for the lesson as they helped me focus and use my physicality. After warm ups, the tutor split the group into 7 groups of 5. I was given the role of Eddy in the group, with the other available roles being the Chair, the Waitress or the Table. For the role of Eddy I need to deliver my lines in a cockney accent and in a sexually suggestive way. One thing I think was good in my performance was my accent. I had never attempted that accent before, so being able to deliver it reasonably well surprised me, although I know it will still need some work to be perfected. Each of the 7 Eddys and Waitresses had to deliver their lines and perform their actions in Unison. This is something I don't believe I did so well as I don't think my own voice was synchronized with the voice of the other Eddys. I hope that in future lessons, I will be able to be more precise in my timing. Although I cannot see the full performance as it is, I believe that the group and I made a good start to this performance piece. After a few more weeks, I'm sure that I can help create a good performance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment