Friday, 7 October 2011

07/10/2011 Berkoff

After a quick warm up of 'The Banana Game' to help increase focus, we rehearsed all we had done so far. Our tutor then added a small bit where everyone who makes the dining booth turns to face the audience on the word 'coffee'. I think it worked well, although it took a few attempts for everyone to turn on cue. There is then a section where almost everyone turns into The Waitress and we have to put most of our weight on our right knee and put our right hand on our right hip. We then strut into the centre and simultaneously serve a single Eddy his coffee and then call him "a complaining heap of rat shit". I began to find this a challenge after a few runthroughs as it was putting a lot of pressure on my right leg. The males were then put in pairs with one person being an Eddy and the other being a Manager. I was an Eddy. We were told that we were to have a fight scene and that the Eddys would kill the Managers in it. One of the other performers commented that my small physical appearance made it difficult to appear fierce. This is something which I will have to improve upon in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment