Thursday, 6 October 2011
06/10/2011 Non-Naturalism
We began the lesson as usual with the warm up games 'Spy in the Room' and 'Splat'. We also split into two groups and used our bodies to create things such as a plane and a house. These warmed me up physically and mentally. We were then given our task to perform an extract from the play 'The Arsonists' by Max Frisch. We split into the groups we were in for the warm up. I contributed an idea for the first 5 lines where half the group's arms are manipulated like a mannequin by the other half. This accompanies dialogue referring to being "only human". We then created a part where I kicked the human mannequin I was controlling on a line about human life being expendable. We then moved into a sequence to represent a clock where we tilt our heads in either direction and, in unison, sing a clock chime. I think that in the time given, we created a good, short piece of theatre. However, I think that we will have to rehearse what we have already done, as synchronisation was poor in our performance. In future rehearsals, I think that problem will be fixed. We made a good start to the piece in this lesson, so I believe that we will progress well in the next lesson.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment