Thursday, 6 October 2011
06/10/2011 A Doll's House
We began the lesson with the usual physical warm up where we jogged round the room and did various exercises and stretches. These helped prepare me physically and mentally for the next task. Our group was split into smaller groups where we would perform a 3-5 minute extract from 'A Doll's House'. I was given the role of Helmer, the husband of Nora, who constantly talks down to her and considers himself superior to her. Our group began by reading through our extract a few times and decided where our starting and finishing point should be. We then created a rough blocking of it on stage, making mental notes of where the entrances, exits, furniture and props would be. After we ran through it a few times, we decided that we should have our lines learned by the end of half term, for the lesson on the 3rd December. I then suggested that we try and improve the physical characterizations of our characters. I did this by altering my posture, gesture and gait. I then helped the other members of the group by giving constructive criticism on their physicality. I think that I worked well today as I helped start the production process. By next rehearsal, I hope to have learned some of my lines and to improve my vocal delivery of the lines.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment