Friday, 4 November 2011

04/11/2011 A Doll's House

After discussion with our tutor for A Doll's House, we have once again changed the extract we are to perform. This is because our tutor believed that because we had cut out so much material, it broke the Through-line of Action. In our new extract Nora tells Helmer that she is leaving her and gives her reasons why. We started by breaking our extract into units and objectives. For example, I have defined one unit of text where Helmer attempts to force Nora to stay by adopting a commanding tone. I have identified the objective in lines such as the one in which Helmer says: "You are betraying your most sacred duty". I have annotated this section describing that Helmer's objective in this line is to convince Nora to stay through a form of emotional blackmail. He does this by using a word with negative connotations to describe Nora's actions and a powerful word associated with Religion to describe what she is 'betraying'. By next week, I aim to have learned some of my lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment