Thursday, 3 November 2011

03/11/2011 The Arsonists

We began today with some warm-ups and then split into our groups. We rehearsed the sections we had created before half term. After we had re-perfected them, we discussed how to combine the work of the two groups. We came up with a solution where the other group perform their section with us watching in a semi-circle. We would then slowly sing clock chimes as they pass a cigarette along a line. After they have finished their section, they dissipate with our group being left in the middle. As we perform our section, they surround us and mime that they are CCTV cameras and make machine noises. After we had performed this twice, our tutor placed us into small groups where we would each perform a short extract from the play. I was originally given the role of Biedermann but this was soon changed to Schmitz. In our group, we performed a read-though in character. I think that I have personified my character well in the read-through as I have made him appear charismatic and I have shown a passive-aggressive dominance over the character of Beidermann. Tomorrow, I am going to rehearse more, and I will hopefully have learned some lines by then. I also need to think of ways to express the meaning of the play in a non-naturalistic way as the character of Anna has very little dialogue. Therefore I think the actress playing her could use physicality to create symbolism in a way I have yet to imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment