Friday, 24 February 2012

24/02/12 Micro

We started today by just going through the lines between Aaron and Adrian, to ensure that we could competantly perform them despite, the little rehearsal time we have had for this section. We then prepared to perform it in front of tutors to prove that it can be performed in front of an audience. Before we performed, we did some vocal and physical warm-ups to prepare us for the performance. One aspect of my performance that was praised was my confidence and stage presence. I was also said to have been listening to what I was saying more, understanding what I was trying to communicate better. This would lead to the audience understanding what I was saying better because I am communicating with them audibly, visually and semantically. One thing I need to improve on is the speed at which I speak my: "I don't lack intelligence" monologue. The problem is that I am speaking too fast while trying to show Aaron becoming more emotionally agitated. I need to improve on this by practising a pace that is slow enough to be clear and fast enough to show Aaron's fluctuating emotional state. Another thing I need to work on is my pronunciation. During the performance I stumbled on the words 'seperate' and 'arbitrary'. To prevent me from doing this again, I am going to go through my lines at home to ensure I can pronounce them correctly first time, every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment