Friday, 10 February 2012

10/02/12 Micro

We began with some vocal and physical warmups. We had a quick games of tag and zip zap boing to make us more energetic. We then did an excercise where we portrayed genereric charcters at request such as an octopus or a ballarina to boost our physicality. We then did breathing and diction exercises to prepare us vocally. We then did a full runthrough of the play. One thing which Eric believed I did well was my facial expressions, saying that I knew exactly what I was doing and that they looked natural. One thing I need to improve on is my clarity and diction. Eric said that some of the lines which I deliver quickly become hard to understand. To fix this, I need to practise these lines more to ensure that I can deliver the monologue audibly and clearly. Another thing Eric said I did well, was to show my control over the figments of my imagination, showing clear distinctions between when I was in control of them, and when I wasn't. Another thing I need to improve on is my familiarity with my monologues. Occasionally when I spoke, I stumbled on certain words and phrases such as "confluence of concomitant conflicts". I need to rehearse these thouroghly to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment