Tuesday, 21 February 2012

21/02/12 Micro

We began with some vocal and physical warmups to prepare for the rehearsal. We then went through the play from the beginning. I believe that I have improved greatly on a section of the play which begins with: "You have to keep this in mind too." In this speech, Aaron explains that the stories the other actors are telling are all happening seperately, simultaneously and in close proximity. I felt before, when I repeated this that it appeared mundane as Aaron uses very similar sentances. Now, by using appropriate pauses and changes in vocal delivery, I am emphasising the meaning of what he is saying much more.One part Eric told me to work on is a small section where Aaron says: "Three nights ago...oh god, how could I not have known." I'm still not ready." I was told that the last two sentances should be directed at myself, rather than to the audience, as Aaron has just realised that he's unable to talk about his ordeal. Before next lesson, I want to practise the final part of the play between Aaron and Adrian to make it as natural as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment