Friday, 5 October 2012

04/10/2012 On The Razzle

We began with the opening shop scene where I played the character of Hupfer. I had originally played him pompous and snobbish, but the director thought that I should also try to make my character appear unhinged as well. I tried to accomplish this by constantly stroking back my hair and introducing a slight vibrato in my voice. During the scene I tried to show hostility towards the character of Melchoir by refusing to look him/her in the eye and by emphasising words about Melchoir with a slight harsh tone.

I was also given the role of a translator for Sonders in the cafe scene. I tried to make my voice overly generic for comic effect. I took inspiration from Sat-Nav voices and from 'Learn French' style audiobooks. When I say the words 'Hot Chocolate', I raise the intonation as if to make it more friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment